These pages have been provided, as the Institution recognises the need to support younger members of the profession, as they pursue their goals, that may include attaining a tertiary qualification from TAFE or university, getting registered as land or mining surveyor, or becoming actively involved in their chosen profession.
These pages also contain extensive information to support candidate surveyors, and answers to questions commonly asked by younger members.
Young Surveyors Group
The Young Surveyors Group was formally created to promote the profession of surveying, represent the interests of and provide for the professional development of Young Surveyors in NSW.
Its goals are:-
- To represent the interests of Young Surveyors, and encourage ISNSW to act in the best interests of these members.
- Employ an active role in the education and professional development of Young Surveyors.
- To promote Surveying as a career to future school leavers.
- To increase awareness of Surveying within the community.
- To develop and maintain communication between Young Surveyors and other members of the profession.
- To promote the benefits of membership of ISNSW to young surveyors.
- To foster links with other related professional associations, and,
- To foster a commitment by individuals, to the surveying profession, encouraging surveyors to improve the profession throughout their career. .
To ensure the younger members of the profession are provided with a voice, and to support the active involvement of these members in the operations of the Institution, the management board of the Institution (The Committee) includes representation from the Young Surveyors Group, as a Director of ISNSW.
Membership of The Young Surveyors Group is open to members of The Institution of Surveyors, NSW Inc (ISNSW) under the age of 36, or members who have been a Registered Surveyor for less than five (5) years; persons enrolled as candidate surveyors with the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information, and student members of ISNSW who are enrolled in a course of studies at either a University or TAFE approved by ISNSW.