The Young Surveyors Group was reformed in 2005 after a few years hiatus. The main aim of the group is to promote the profession of Surveying, represent the interests of, and provide for the professional development of Young Surveyors in NSW. Our goals are:
- To represent the interests of Young Surveyors, and encourage ISNSW to act in the best interests of these members.
- Employ an active role in the education and professional development of Young Surveyors.
- To promote Surveying as a career to future school leavers.
- To increase awareness of Surveying within the community.
- To develop and maintain communications between Young Surveyors and other members of the profession.
- To promote the benefits of membership of ISNSW to young surveyors.
- To foster links with other related professional associations.
- To foster a commitment by individuals, to the surveying profession, encouraging surveyors to improve the profession throughout their career.
Membership is open to members of The Institution of Surveyors, NSW Inc (ISNSW) under the age of 36, or members who have been a Registered Surveyor for less than five (5) years, persons enrolled as candidate surveyors with the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information, and student members of ISNSW who are enrolled in a course of studies at either a University or TAFE approved by ISNSW.
Past activities of the group have included welcome barbeques at the universities and TAFEs, speed networking events held in conjunction with the SSI Young Professionals and social get togethers. The Young Surveyors Group can also be found on Facebook which includes details of events and discussions between members on topics appurtenant to younger members of the surveying profession. In recent months the group has been involved in the production of "The Young Surveyor" newsletter which is sent monthly to all student and other interested members of ISNSW.
The Young Surveyors Group is always interested in hearing from its members and can be contacted at email@example.com.