Association of Public Authority Surveyors
The Association of Public Authority Surveyors (APAS) was formed in 1994 to cater for needs of professionals in the surveying and spatial information industries working within State and Local Government and the Education Sector.
APAS has a primary focus on the professional development of its members by:
- Circulating matters of interest to members,
- Providing forums for discussion
- and Providing educational opportunities in the form of an Annual Conference and seminars.
The APAS calendar includes two annual events:
- March/April - APAS Annual Conference - generally held at a country location readily accessible from Sydney. The 19th Annual Conference will be held in Pokolbin, Hunter Valley from 31th March to 2nd April 2014.
All enquiries to Geoff Lenton: firstname.lastname@example.org
- September/October/November - Government Surveyors Dinner/Seminar - this event was initiated almost 40 years ago by former Surveyor General, Noel Fletcher, and continues to this day.
Reports of previous APAS Conferences
As a co-operating association of the Institution of Surveyors NSW, and involvement with the Board of Surveyors and Spatial Information, APAS has a significant voice in the wider Surveying and Spatial Information communities.
APAS supports Universities and TAFEs by providing annual prizes for students, and sponsoring student presentations at the annual conference in the belief that the advancement and encouragement of students both to join and participate in the profession is fundamental to the Association.
|APAS Committee Members|